Andragogy project
INSTRUCTIONS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
(1) Goals/objectives:
Goals of the project. Assisting people with their learning needs and meeting them at their level to develop each person as an individual to get them all to a higher functioning capacity while increasing confidence in their capabilities and refining their interpersonal and professional skill sets. Instructing, while mentoring, while coaching a professional into their highest functioning form in the profession they chose.
(2) Rationales:
What are the main theoretical ideas: Andragogy/
.
My application to this is that a student only knows what they don't understand/know. Testing is a marginal platform to find the students actual understanding and capacity. I intend to use the 6 principles of andragogyLinks to an external site.to aid each student where they are and help them rise to the level they desire. I will apply these through face to face instruction sessions about Lean and Professional Development within the Department of Veterans Affairs to help as an Instructor and Mentor to these student/employees.
I intend to frame the learning session with several Ice Breakers to dive into the student's individual needs according to the 6 principles of andragogy.
Day 1, first Ice Breaker, I will ask the student/employee what their motivation to learn is and how this chose skill will fill their need to know the skill.
Day 2, first Ice Breaker, I will ask the student/employee what their self-concept of learning is and how they experience learning. I would ask for examples from their life as a child and present.
Day 3, first Ice Breaker, I will ask the student/employee what their level of readiness is for learning and their orientation to learning with examples from my past so that they can understand these concepts and ask for an example from them. (
(3) Design:
Since this is designed on a 3 day event, I would have to involve these concepts prior to delivery of each session to ensure their understanding and increase their awareness for the 13-15 modules of the 3 day sessions depending on their current training level.
I employ experiential guided sessions with the students/employees so that all of the methodology applications become actual instead of examples in figurative.
As we dive deeper into the format for their 3 day training, the students will be able to become more aware of their own styles and we can revisit that at the end of each day to assist in their total understanding of the concepts presented. I like a no person left behind kind of learning environment and let other students share examples if my examples don't ring a bell.
The multimedia segments would be for things like how to get involved in this segment of professional development and why. There is the marketing, the application and the training segments, along with the 3 steps to certification. Training, Testing and the Project completion with entry into the Project Sharing software so it can be visible nationally
No comments:
Post a Comment