Monday, February 26, 2024
Transformational Learning
Transformational Learning
Name: Tianna Tucker
(1) Goals/objectives: The purpose of this project is to promote transformational learning among high school students by fostering critical thinking, self-reflection, and personal growth through experiential activities and reflective exercises.
(2) Rationales: Through the readings and discussions this week, I have learned about the importance of transformational learning in empowering individuals to challenge assumptions, expand their perspectives, and enact meaningful change in their lives. I intend to apply these ideas by designing a project that incorporates experiential learning opportunities, promotes self-reflection, and encourages students to explore their values and beliefs. Drawing from the principles of transformational learning, I aim to create a learning environment that encourages students to question, reflect, and actively engage with the material.
To frame my design, I will also borrow strategies and methods from existing programs grounded in transformational learning theory. For example, I will incorporate elements of outdoor education programs that emphasize hands-on experiences and immersive learning in natural settings. Additionally, I will integrate reflective writing prompts inspired by the work of Mezirow and Freire to facilitate critical self-reflection and dialogue.
(3) Design:
Main Components of the Project:
•Experiential Learning Activities:
-Outdoor expeditions such as hiking, camping, and environmental conservation projects.
-Team-building exercises and group challenges to promote collaboration and problem-solving skills.
-Service-learning opportunities to engage students in community service projects and social activism.
•Reflective Exercises:
-Journaling prompts encourage students to reflect on their experiences, emotions, and insights.
-Small group discussions to facilitate peer-to-peer dialogue and perspective-taking.
-Guided mindfulness activities to promote self-awareness and stress reduction.
•Personal Growth Workshops:
-Workshops on goal setting, values clarification, and decision-making to help students identify their aspirations and priorities.
-Guest speakers and role models to share personal stories of transformation and resilience.
-Creative expression sessions such as art therapy, music, or drama to explore emotions and foster self-expression.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Assignment 6: Transformational learning by Molly Burns and Abigail Saunders
MBurns ASaunders Week 6 Project EDAC 634 Names: Molly Burns and Abigail Saunders Molly’s Roles: Title, goals, design Abigail’s Roles: ...
-
Andragogy project INSTRUCTIONS OF THE ASSIGNMENT ( 1) Goals/objectives: Goals of the project. Assisting people with their learning need...
-
Week 4: Experience and Learning Project Title: Getting Personal with Poetry Goals: Through the use of reflective journaling and instru...



No comments:
Post a Comment